Music For The Masses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion

4 posters

Go down

Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion Empty Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion

Post by ViceR Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Soooo, who here is a drummer? At the end of this month, March 31st, I will be drumming for exactly 6 years. I still love it as much as I did the day I started.

Are you a drummer? Post your set and come talk!
Are you interested in drumming? You've found the right place, ask any questions you might have and I will try to help as best as I can.

This is my set, it's a Gretsch Renown Maple:

Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion Bree014
Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion Bree015
Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion Bree013
ViceR
ViceR

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion Empty Re: Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion

Post by bzong Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:38 pm

I've been drumming for about a year now, but i'm still a pretty big novice Razz What genres do you play?

bzong

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion Empty Re: Drummer Land :: The Magical World of Percussion

Post by ViceR Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:40 pm

bzong wrote:I've been drumming for about a year now, but i'm still a pretty big novice Razz What genres do you play?

I used to be really into metal, but I've gotten out of it as late. I'm mostly an indie/rock kind of drummer. Bearshy could probably explain the kind of drumming I do, since he's heard me before.

Glad to see another drummer here.
ViceR
ViceR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutiny Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Vicer, are you a technical drummer or do you just like to do grooves and such?
Mutiny
Mutiny

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by ViceR Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:51 pm

Mutiny wrote:Vicer, are you a technical drummer or do you just like to do grooves and such?

I guess I'm more of a groove kind of guy, but I do love to do technical stuff.
What do you mean by technical, though? I've always placed technique and being a groove-orientated drummer on the same level.
ViceR
ViceR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutiny Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:06 pm

ViceR wrote:
Mutiny wrote:Vicer, are you a technical drummer or do you just like to do grooves and such?

What do you mean by technical, though? I've always placed technique and being a groove-orientated drummer on the same level.

My definition of technical: Blast beats, lots of double bass-ing, etc.
Mutiny
Mutiny

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by ViceR Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:10 pm

Mutiny wrote:
ViceR wrote:

My definition of technical: Blast beats, lots of double bass-ing, etc.

Ohh, ohhh, ohhh. I used to be all into that, blasting was my life. I've really gotten out of playing metal, though. I don't even play a a double pedal anymore, I'm all about heel-toe on a single pedal nowadays. I can still finger blast fast as fuck, though. =D
ViceR
ViceR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Pepper Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:48 pm

I'm not really planning on taking up the drums anytime soon but I was wondering, what's the average pricetag on a decent set of drums?
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ViceR Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:01 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:I'm not really planning on taking up the drums anytime soon but I was wondering, what's the average pricetag on a decent set of drums?

You can get a Gretsch Catalina Club set for not too much.
$700ish?

I mean, you can go cheaper, but if you want quaility drums at an affordable price....Gretsch is the way to go.
ViceR
ViceR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down