Music For The Masses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommend A Band/Artist to the user above you

3 posters

Go down

Recommend A Band/Artist to the user above you Empty Recommend A Band/Artist to the user above you

Post by sl1ck Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:25 pm

This should help out music discovery, just do what the title says. Also, try to include some artists you like so people have something to base recommendations on. I don't know about you guys, but I can't read minds.

So yeh whoever gets the first post needs to recommend one band/artist to me. My last.fm is here and my Rate Your Music account is here.
sl1ck
sl1ck

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-23

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kcarpenter

Back to top Go down

Recommend A Band/Artist to the user above you Empty Re: Recommend A Band/Artist to the user above you

Post by Oh No Chastity Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Based on the bands you seem to like, I'd recommend Voxtrot.

"Start of Something" is an amazing song, but pretty much everything by them is pretty good.

Wonderful lyrics. Very quotable and memorable, and his voice is very pleasant and the tunes are warm, but manage to capture different tones without being too melodramatic.

One of my favourite bands, actually.
Oh No Chastity
Oh No Chastity

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Recommend A Band/Artist to the user above you Empty Re: Recommend A Band/Artist to the user above you

Post by Oh No Chastity Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:32 pm

Oh, and I like bands like Nightmare of You (obviously), Sigur Ross, Bright Eyes, Elliot Smith, Radiohead, Yoav, and a shit ton of trance. Tiesto, Above & Beyond, Oceanlab, Armin Van Buuren, Sunlounger, Sufjan Stevens, Tegan and Sara, Missy Higgins, Deadsy, Dead Kennedys, Ramones, October Fall, Dispatch, Sublime, Aqualung, The Shins, Infadels.
Oh No Chastity
Oh No Chastity

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by sl1ck Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:42 pm

"The Start of Something" was available for free on last.fm, I just listened to it. It's really catchy, I enjoyed it.

On another note, I'm not sure this thread is going to work...I can think of tons of artists you would like and it's really hard to only choose one. Plus I would screw up the way the thread works.
sl1ck
sl1ck

Back to top Go down

Post by Garheardt Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:55 pm

sl1ck. Take a listen to Donovan.

For whoever does me, I'm a fan of classic rock, soft rock and alternative.
Garheardt
Garheardt

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by sl1ck Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:08 pm

I'm guessing you are referring to the Folk Artist Donovan, not the group of french electronica DJ's. I'm always down for good folk music, I will check it out.

I will edit my post with a recommendation for Oh No Chastity. Give me a second to find song links.

Ok so Chastity I see you like electronic music so I will go ahead and recommend you a classic album of that genre. This isn't trance, but I think you will still like DJ Shadow- specifically his album Endtroducing. A few songs to listen to:

Midnight in a Perfect World
Organ Donor
Stem
Building Steam With A Grain of Salt
This isn't on Endtroducing, but it's epic. Blood on the Motorway
sl1ck
sl1ck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down