Music For The Masses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Song From Different Artists

4 posters

Go down

Favorite Song From Different Artists Empty Favorite Song From Different Artists

Post by Garheardt Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:09 am

Here's the concept of this thread. Every couple of days I'll post up one or two bands and you'll post your favorite song from the band and, if you can, try to post a Youtube video so people can listen to the song. I'll keep tabs on who votes for each song so the people who have never heard of the band being mentioned or want to get into that type of music can start with the song that someone who they respect picked. That was a terrible sentence but I think you can grasp the concept.

Let's lay down some ground rules here.

1. Let's just say that the band of the day is "Pink Floyd", don't come into the thread and say "My fav Blink 182 song is 'Dammit'.

2. It would really help if you posted Youtube links so that people could easily listen to the song you chose.

3. If you have only heard one of two songs from a band that has a large amount of songs then don't post on that band. Your time will come when a band that you know a lot about is selected and then you can help people make informed decisions about the band.

I will choose a lot of different bands from a lot of different genres so don't get angry if I don't select your type of music. The band changes every few days.

I like keeping things organized and I like to tally things so I'll be doing stuff like that.

March 24-26

The Velvet Underground

Metallica

Bob Dylan

The Wallflowers
Garheardt
Garheardt

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Favorite Song From Different Artists Empty Re: Favorite Song From Different Artists

Post by Garheardt Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:09 am

Metallica
Nothing Else Matters

The Velvet Underground

Sweet Jane

Bob Dylan
Mr. Tambourine Man

The Wallflowers
One Headlight

Garheardt
Garheardt

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Favorite Song From Different Artists Empty Re: Favorite Song From Different Artists

Post by Phazix Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:12 am

Metallica - One

I'll post a video tomorrow, I have to go now, sorry. <3

Phazix

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by sl1ck Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:23 am

The Velvet Underground- Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

A straight up jam. Starts out as a mellow song and explodes into a guitar jam 5 minutes in. Perfect songwriting as always from Lou Reed.

Bob Dylan- Desolation Row

All songwriters should listen to this song- it's absolutely incredible.

The Wallflowers- Three Marlenas

it's a gigantic rip-off of the riff from "Sweet Jane," but I still like this song.
sl1ck
sl1ck

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-23

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kcarpenter

Back to top Go down

Post by I PUNISHM3NT I Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:25 am

Metallica - The call of Ktulu

I PUNISHM3NT I
I PUNISHM3NT I

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by I PUNISHM3NT I Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:30 am

Phazix wrote:Metallica - One

If you have only heard one of two songs from a band that has a large amount of songs then don't post on that band. Your time will come when a band that you know a lot about is selected and then you can help people make informed decisions about the band.

Read t3h rules. One is not even close to their greatest songs. Also everybody know that song thanks to Guitar Hero Mad .
I PUNISHM3NT I
I PUNISHM3NT I

Back to top Go down

Post by Phazix Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:37 am

I PUNISHM3NT I wrote:

If you have only heard one of two songs from a band that has a large amount of songs then don't post on that band. Your time will come when a band that you know a lot about is selected and then you can help people make informed decisions about the band.

Read t3h rules. One is not even close to their greatest songs. Also everybody know that song thanks to Guitar Hero Mad .

Excuse me? I've had 2 Metallica albums way before GH3 ever came out, and this song just happened to be my favorite so get off me; but since you're being a bitch, I'll post a different song.

Metallica - St. Anger

Phazix

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by I PUNISHM3NT I Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:48 am

Phazix wrote:
I PUNISHM3NT I wrote:

Excuse me? I've had 2 Metallica albums way before GH3 ever came out, and this song just happened to be my favorite so get off me; but since you're being a bitch, I'll post a different song.

Metallica - St. Anger

People like Saint Anger?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I PUNISHM3NT I
I PUNISHM3NT I

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down